Taking the trouble out of Tax

Advice Line : 0800 170 1133

Pay Up First – then disputeTax

tr-letterIn future, if you have tax in dispute with HMRC , and they are alleging that your ‘scheme’ is covered by the disclosure rules or the GAAR (general anti-avoidance Rules), HMRC can demand the disputed tax is  paid up-front.  This will take effect from Royal Assent to the 2014 Finance Act.